White-Hat Video SEO = Good Old-Fashioned Hard Work

Share on

In every area of the economy with potential lies the Madoff’s of this world. You don’t have to go far to find the “get rich quick” schemes peppered all over the internet- preaching the panacea of money making if only you send a $12 refundable deposit to receive 14 hours of cds, combined with the bonus pack!

SEO started out as a trial and error game, what will get my site up the rankings. The first step was meta-tagging, then increasing keyword density, then submission.

Two schools of thought developed. One was white-hat, which believed in providing value for money, giving a quality service, and complying with the search engine’s best practice optimization principles so as to avoid potential penalties and maintain a more positive user experience.

The other was black-hat, or spamdexing, which was based on submitting (spamming) your site to 1 million search engines and directories, hiding keywords in pages to increase density, cloaking, and using link-farms to produce faux popularity and so on.  Additionally, there is the grey-hat, which walks the line between white-hat and black-hat.  Grey-hat uses more questionable techniques that aren’t as overtly against codes of best practice.  However, what’s considered gray hat SEO today might be black hat SEO next year.

White-Hat Video SEO vs. Black-Hat Video SEO

It’s important to take a look at how this trend is developing with video search engine optimization services.

At the bottom of the rung are the services offering VSEO “secrets” for $12! Followed closely by Youtube bot submission services, best spotted by advertising “buy video views”.

Further up the ladder, not in black-hat territory but not performing quality promotion either, are the likes of SENuke, TrafficGeyser and their numerous copycats. Yes I’m aware this may invoke a negative response. But the days of SEO being as simple as submitting your site to thousands of search engines and directories are long gone in the non-video world and will be long gone in the video world shortly. The effect is to get a few video views per site (not that high quality), which cumulatively amount to a few hundred or possibly a few thousand if the video has intrinsic long-tail value.

A true white-hat Video SEO company will work to provide high quality, highly targeted video promotion services – specializing in getting results by reaching the right people!

Instead of getting a few views per video, each video will be worked to its maximum, targeting by interest group, keywords, location, and demographics.

Yes, technology needs to be used to help the process, but that is only 1% of what needs to be done- the other 99% is good old fashioned hard work! There are no shortcuts in life and anyone who preaches them is either delusional or a con artist!

The only way to do effective SEO whether it’s for video or non-video content is to spend a lot of time researching the search engine’s algorithms, best practice optimization principles, and spend thousands of hours a week dotting all the i’s and crossing the t’s – it’s not pretty, it’s not easy, it’s not glamorous, but it does get results, the white-hat way!

About Our Guest Author

Daniel Solden is the General Manager of SeoYoutube. SeoYoutube provides high quality, highly targeted video promotion services, guaranteeing a minimum of 20,000 views/month on Youtube and the video sharing websites. You can learn more about SeoYoutube by going to www.seoyoutube.co.uk


Video Industry

Share on

Read More Insights

©2021 Tubular Insights & Tubular Labs, Inc.