Video sharing sites have become an important component of the Internet. They are being used to promote business, running videocasts and video blogs (also known as vlogs) as well as to popularize the entertainment content produced by TV and film industry.
A lot of people keep on asking how to post a video on video sharing sites.
The steps are simple and anyone who has edited his home movies can post videos to video sharing sites.
- First of all, in order to post video to video sharing sites, you need to have a video.
- Remember that the video should have something to present, some message to convey. Unconnected ravings and ratings should not become much popular.
- You should not post copyrighted content. All of us know that the RIAA and the MPAA are suing people here there and everywhere for copyright infringement. You would not want to be dragged to the court of law.
- Secondly you need to get a decent camera as well as editing software.
- As far as a camera, there are tons of options. You can actually use your cell phone if it is video enabled and Videoegg has a tool to upload your videos from your phone. You can even use a digital camera that allows for video. Obviously, if you are serious about it, you should get yourself a nice digital video camera. You do not need to spend thousands $$. $500 should get you something that would work great.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Vista, Microsoft provides Windows Movie Maker which is bundled in a normal install of all editions of Windows XP or Vista.
- For those on a Macintosh platform, Apple’s iLife suite comes bundled with iMovieHD which allows you to edit videos easily, even in high definition.
- Third thing you need to do is to register with a free video sharing website.
- There are a number of websites which allow you to share videos like:
- All the sites allow you to upload videos though they might restrict the length of video, for example YouTube does not allow you to upload videos which are more than 10 minutes unless you register with a special account status like director.
- Fourth step is to encode the video to a format that you want to use. Not all websites might accept the videos in all formats. You can check the help and support section of the website to check which codec is acceptable.
- Then you have to find the format converter which will allow you to convert video to the said format.
- Finally you are free to upload the video to a video sharing website.
- Again remember not to upload copyrighted videos. Not only would they be deleted, you might also be sued for copyright infringement.
And you are on your way to online video success.