Last Updated: May 30, 2017
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The short answer is that we generally use this information to provide and improve our Services, to generate statistics on how the Services are used, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), for marketing purposes, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. Among other things, the information we collect can enable us to:
- customize the content and analytic insights you see through the Services;
- fulfill your requests for Services and validate your user rights
- contact and communicate with you
Information Collected from Tubular Labs Services
- Volunteered: If you open an Account with us, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we collect this information. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address or billing information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content, features or Services.
- Posted: If you post information on any public areas of our websites (or elsewhere on the Internet) that information may be collected and used by anyone, including Tubular Labs. (We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited and unwanted contact from others, to say the least.)
- Authentication of Data from SNS Platforms: Via the Settings section of your Account, you may choose to opt-in and allow Tubular Labs to connect to one (1) or more of your SNS Accounts (e.g. your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel) so that Tubular Labs may access data from the applicable SNS platforms on your behalf (such as dark posts and geo-fenced posts) (such data collectively, the “Authenticated Data”). Tubular Labs may use Authenticated Data to improve the Services for you (e.g. by using such data to deliver a more accurate statistical data and rankings regarding your Facebook Page) and to improve the Services overall. Authenticated Data used to improve Tubular Labs’ Services will be aggregated and anonymized and used for purposes such as producing derived market estimations. Tubular Labs will not make your specific set of Authenticated Data available to Tubular Labs users other than on an aggregated and anonymized basis, unless you have chosen to opt-in to Tubular Labs’ Rank Booster Program. If you have opted into the Rank Booster Program (“Rank Booster Program”), Tubular Labs may make public some of your Authenticated Data, such as dark posts and geo-fenced posts, for the purpose of ensuring that all of your video activity is correctly attributed to you within Tubular Labs’ Services). You may revoke Tubular Labs’ ability to collect your Authenticated Data at any time through the opt-out feature in the Settings section of your Account (see Your Choices below). In addition to opting out via the Settings section in your Tubular Labs Account, you may also revoke Tubular Labs’ access to YouTube Authenticated Data via the Google security settings page, found at: https://secugoogle.com/settings/security/permissions. If you opt into authenticating any of your SNS Accounts with Tubular Labs, Tubular Labs will:
- Never post on your behalf to any of your authenticated SNS Accounts (e.g. your Facebook Page or YouTube Channel).
- Never manage any of your SNS Account ad campaigns (e.g. Facebook ad campaigns or YouTube ad campaigns) and will never alter any of your SNS ad settings.
If you have any questions or comments about SNS Authenticated Data, please email us at [email protected].
When Do We Share or Disclose Your Information?
- Personally Identifiable Information. In more limited circumstances, we may share personally identifiable information we have collected. For example:
- We might share personally identifiable information during due diligence or in connection with a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with relevant information about us, services purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law, or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
- We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
- Modifying Your Information. You can update or correct personal information (e.g., your email address) by accessing your Account. You can also access, or delete, your information by reaching out to us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that we have the right to reject deletion requests that are unduly burdensome or repetitive or that cannot be honored in light of legal obligations or ongoing disputes, or where retention is necessary to enforce our agreements or protect our or another party’s rights, property, safety, or security.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
In addition, the Services may contain links to third party websites and content. Tubular Labs does not control these websites and/or content and these third parties” privacy policies may be different from our own. You access linked websites or third party content at your own risk.
Any information collected by Tubular Labs is stored on servers that Tubular Labs manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result, Tubular Labs cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that Tubular Labs processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Tubular Labs Inc., 153 Castro Street #300, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94041. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please email us at [email protected].
You can also contact us by mail at Tubular Labs Inc., 153 Castro Street #300, MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94041
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from Tubular Labs, please contact us at the above.