In case you weren’t the lucky winner of that contest ReelSEO had, or just didn’t make it to New York this weekend, Vimeo is kind enough to be putting up the events in, of course, video form on their site. Not only are there award-winning clips available also some others.
Here’s the video for Day 1 of the Festival
Here’s the video for Day 2
You can find other videos from the event in the Vimeo Festival Group.
Who won the festival? Well, I’m glad I asked…
And the Winner of the Vimeo Festival Award is…
“Last Minutes with ODEN” nabbed the Best Video award. It’s a 6-minute documentary about having to put down a terminally ill dog, Oden. Eliot Rausch did the film in which Jason Wood, the dog’s owner, talks about his own addition while the dog is in the periphery of much of the film. I hear it’s a tear-jerker so have tissues on hand when you watch it.
The festival drew over 6,500 entries for the nine categories.
Other winners include:
- Narrative: “Thrush” by Gabriel Bisset-Smith
- Documentary: “Last Minutes with ODEN” by Phos Pictures
- Music Video: “Liars ‘Scissor'” by Andy Bruntel
- Animation: “Between Bears” by Eran Hilleli
- Original Series: “Break-ups The Series” by Ted Tremper
- Experimental: “oops” by Chris Beckman
- Motion Graphics: “TRIANGLE” by Onur Senturk
- Captured: “Fluid Sculpture” by Charlie Bucket
- Remix: “BREAKDOWN the video” by Kasumi
Our congratulations go out to the winners. Hopefully, next year I can make the trip from Europe and if Vimeo likes, be a judge, I like to be judgmental… it’s a character flaw, I’m working on it.