Unruly has released a new white paper that shows video sharing increased 7 percent in Q2 over the Super Bowl-dominated Q1, based mainly on three ads that you could not miss over the last three months: Dove’s “Real Beauty Sketches,” Evian’s “Baby & Me,” and Kmart’s “Ship My Pants.” Those three ads are now in the . The Evian and Dove ads accounted for 21.4 percent of all the sharing in Q2.
Other Findings from Unruly for Q2 2013
Unruly’s report also divides sharing into different verticals:
- Entertainment was #1, fueled by the sharing of the trailer for Man of Steel.
- CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) and FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) was #2, helped along by Evian and Dove.
- Tech was third, helped along by this much-discussed ad by Sony that punches competitor Microsoft right in the face:
- In 4th, Retail beat Autos for the first time this year on the strength of Kmart’s “Ship My Pants” and “Big Gas Savings.”
- Autos finished fifth, dropping 67.3 percent and with only one video standing out, Audi’s “The Challenge,” the Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy ad from May:
Also, special mention was made for GEICO’s “Hump Day” ad, which wasn’t in one of the major verticals but nonetheless made a big impact with over 1.5 million shares since its launch May 22:
If you’re interested in reading more, the report can be downloaded (with e-mail notification) after clicking here.