This week, Entrepreneur Media made a genre-defying jump by presenting a new slate of digital programming at the 2017 NewFronts that taps into the power and passion fueling the American Dream. These programs represent an expansion of the Entrepreneur Network, a partnership with hundreds of top YouTube channels in the business vertical.
Although “entrepreneur” was once a word that few people understood – or even knew how to spell – today “entrepreneur’ is a coveted identity and lifestyle that innovative business owners, inventors, celebrities, and athletes alike wear as a badge of honor. And, over the past 40 years, Entrepreneur magazine has harnessed that transformation to grow into a media powerhouse, boasting 3.1 million print readers, 14 million monthly visitors, and 11.7 million social followers.
At an event held at Samsung 837 (aka 837 Washington Street) in New York City’s Meatpacking District, Entrepreneur President Bill Shaw, said, “Over the past year, our editorial focus has shifted from covering companies to covering the people behind the companies. Entrepreneur is all about the culture of innovation that is creating massive shifts in the business world and our daily lives. And this slate of programming we’ve put together with incredible partners will push that message even further.”
Available on-demand on YouTube, Amazon Fire, Roku, Apple TV and the Entrepreneur App, the Entrepreneur Network offers content that addresses the experience and mindset of entrepreneurs from every angle, including success insights, motivation and behind-the-scenes looks into entrepreneurs’ personal passions.
Entrepreneur: New Digital Shows for 2017
- KATE – OFFICE GOALS: The design guru team known as Mr. Kate, which has 79.5 million views and 1.1 million subscribers on YouTube, takes you on a journey through life, style and DIY interior design. The Office Goals series focuses on redesigning offices or common areas of office spaces with a fun, inspiring and infectious spirit. They coined the word of the day, “Inspotainment,” a portmanteau of inspiration and entertainment.
- ELEVATOR PITCH: A small business owner steps into an empty elevator and has 60 seconds to make their pitch to the camera. If the judges like what they hear, the doors open. If not, the elevator gets sent back down. And viewers get to join in the process: successful pitches can be funded by the judges, but the audience will also get an opportunity to participate through crowdfunding. In the pilot episode, dreams were made, tears were shed and walls were punched.
- BUSINESS & BURGERS: Co-hosts Scott Duffy and Alan Taylor travel across the United States in search of the best burger in America, and a side of tasty business advice. Business, sports, celebrities, and food collide in a fun, interview-style format where noteworthy guests share the secret sauce needed to build prosperous, game-changing companies.
- LEADERS CREATE LEADERS: Host Gerard Adams, also known as the Millennial Mentor, and the co-founder of Elite Daily, the No.1 news platform for Generation Y, is an experienced angel investor, thought leader and social entrepreneur. Devoted to turning dreams into reality, Gerard has made it his mission to inspire and mentor young entrepreneurs on what it really takes to be successful.
- THE NEVER SETTLE SHOW: Today Show contributor and serial entrepreneur Mario Armstrong has launched this full-scale, high-quality, talk show with a live studio audience and an interactive audience online. It’s a show for and about entrepreneurs, featuring new players behind the hottest startups and legends in the game like Shark Tank’s Daymond John.
- SPARTAN UP: Joe Desena, founder & CEO of Spartan Race and NY Times best-selling author, is on a mission to rip you off the couch and help you find the secrets to success in all aspects of life. Joe travels the globe seeking answers from experts like Sir Richard Branson, adventurer Sir Ran Fiennes, Professor Angela Duckworth and many more. The interviews will shift your thinking, make you laugh and give you the tools you need to find your true north and navigate there.
To underscore its focus on the people behind the companies, Entrepreneur even took time to introduce food entrepreneur Melia Marden from The Smile NYC, who provided breakfast to the media buyers and journalists at the event. (I should disclose that I did sample her housemade granola.)
Get Your #NewFronts2017 Tear Sheets Today
If you are at NewFronts, or just want our exclusive insights into the publishers attending, then download our exclusive Tubular Tear Sheets: NewFronts 2017 Edition by filling in the form below. See you there!