Brightroll has announced three new tools that will be integrated into their real-time video ad exchange, BRX, to help digital video advertisers get more out of their campaigns and hopefully to move them towards purchasing more.
“Buyer tools have become increasingly critical as advertiser spending continues to move to digital video,” said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder of BrightRoll.
The three tools will offer some interesting abilities to users of the Brightroll Exchange including estimating volume over time, site scoring for attention and engagement and ad placement and viewing confirmation.
According to the press release and new features are described thusly:
- Inventory Planner: Enables buyers to estimate the total volume of video ad impressions available at varying prices over a specified campaign timeframe. The system provides impression delivery estimates and bid recommendations based on delivery requirements.
- VideoRank™ Targeting: Provides access to BRX sites with high user attention to advertising messages. VideoRank™ is a proprietary BrightRoll technology that scores sites based on user attention and engagement. High VideoRank™ sites outperform for clicks, completes and brand measures by as much as 300%-500%. Access the latest VideoRank™ study here.
- BrandWatch: Assures advertisers’ messages are displayed in safe and “in-view” placements. The BrandWatch system combines automated process measures – including audits by a dedicated team and verification from third-party partners – to ensure ads reach intended audiences within safe and transparent environments.
Here’s a quick video of Tod Sacerdoti talking about the VideoRank system:
According to their latest report, there was a 4% difference in ad costs between high and low ranking site in VideoRank. That shows that some sites with high scores can be had for a decent price.
The recent study also looked at user engagement metrics for low vs. high VideoRank scores and are summarized below as increases from low to high ranked sites:
- 38 percent more likely to complete the video
- 586 percent more likely to click through
- 565 percent more likely to roll over the video
Those are some massive numbers for just a 4% increase in cost. When combined with the other new tools from Brightroll it seems like it could be a great place to put some ads.
For those who are regular readers, you know that every month when I get the comScore Video Metrix numbers I choose what I believe to be the top three video ad networks based on reach vs ad frequency. Here’s what I said about Brightroll last month:
…the place you should be putting your campaigns this month is Brightroll! Those brightrollers have some pretty big reach at 32.4% of Americans and only show an awesome 6.9 ads per viewer, seriously well done!
So combine those numbers with these new tools and it seems that Brightroll is continuing it’s winning ways and giving more value for the video ad dollar.