After months of rumor and speculation, Apple disappointed many fans yesterday when they announced the new Apple iPhone 4S instead of the iPhone 5. And while investors don’t seem to be impressed, and lots of fans are disappointed, there are still some impressive and interesting things about this new device, particularly for video creators and marketers.
The Apple iPhone 4S & Video
What’s new with regard to video for the Apple iPhone 4S? I’m glad you asked:
- HD Video Capabilities. That’s right, folks, you can record video at 1080p with the new iPhone 4S, which is going to be absolutely huge for some users. There’s also noise reduction and image stabilization included as well. I’ll be curious to get a look at video shot on this thing.
- Video Messages. The phone will come with iOS 5, which has something called iMessage included. It’s a messaging program for text, photos, and video, making it easy for you to send and share that HD video you just shot on your new iPhone 4S.
There are, of course, a lot of other improvements and features that will aid the video marketing professional–like faster Internet speeds & a dual-core processor–but those above are the video-centric features.
Other New Features Of The Apple iPhone 4S
Here’s the official Apple video announcing the new iPhone 4S:
Aside from the changes that speak most to video creators, editors, and marketers, there are also several other new features of the Apple iPhone 4S:
- Dual-Core A5 CPU. This will allow for better graphics, improved 3D, and an overall faster experience than previous iPhones.
- New camera. The standard (non-video) camera is improved as well, and is now 8 megapixels. The lens is said to be vastly improved as well.
- Internet Speed is improved, due to faster HSPA+ networks.
- More Storage – you can get up to a 64GB version of the iPhone 4S
- New Antenna – Even though Apple refused to admit they had a problem with the last iPhone’s antennas, they’ve gone ahead and changed to a new antenna system.
- Longer-Lasting Batery – Supposedly, the new Apple iPhone 4S will last up to 8 hours of talking life on 3G networks.
- iOS 5 – the iPhone 4S comes with the new iOS 5, which has a lot of cool features.
- Siri – the interesting-sounding Siri smart assistant program will be available on this new iPhone 4S. It’s voice-recognition, but will also “converse” with users, pulling information from Wikipedia to answer questions.
How To Get An Apple iPhone 4S
The iPhone 4S will go on sale this week, for pre-orders, at least. You can pre-order it on Friday, October 7. Or, you can go to AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint one week later, on Friday the 14th, and pick one up yourself.
Finally, for a little fun, here’s a video someone made where they cut down the entire Apple announcement yesterday to a breezy 90 seconds (my favorite moment: “squirrel”):