Cat Videos on YouTube: 2 Million Uploads, 25 Billion Views
There are approximately 2 million cat videos posted on YouTube, and we at ReelSEO have watched them all. I jest of course, but we’re pretty sure the number is in the thousands. We’re not alone in our love of feline footage, as those 2 million videos have attracted an impressive 24.6 billion views between them. Those kind of numbers generate some fascinating data, and as it’s National Cat Day, why not take a look at our previous pick of the most entertaining cat videos, and impress your friends and family with the following cat video facts:
- Cat videos receive an average of 12,000 views per video on YouTube (Tweet this)
- There have been around 2 million cat videos posted to YouTube (Tweet this).
- Thomas Edison’s ‘Boxing Cats’ is believed to be the first ever cat video (Tweet this).
- The first cat video was posted to YouTube on May 9th, 2006 (Tweet this).
- Box-obsessed Maru is the most popular cat on YouTube, with 270+M views (Tweet this)
- Cat videos are celebrated with their own Internet Cat Video Film Festival (Tweet this)
- Legendary cat video star Keyboard Cat’s real name was Fatso – he died in 1997 (Tweet this).
- The most popular cat video ever on YouTube is Nyan Cat, with 114M views (Tweet this).